the Dresden Cowboy • • • • • • cosmic American music!
Join us for our next show @ the Dresden in Hollywood, 10pm, May 13th. No cover. We follow Dick and Jane's Family Orchestra.
current band line-up
members set to perform with John @ the Dresden May 6th.
• Moan Red (electric, lead guitar)
• Anthony Bernal (acoustic, electric guitar)
• Dominic Martinez (bass)
• Andrew Orozco (drums)
• John Reneaud a.k.a. the Dresden Cowboy (vocals)
Members of the band
archive of current, former, and honorary players.
• Moan Red (electric, lead guitar) 2018-present
• Anthony Bernal (acoustic, electric guitar) 2019
• Dominic Martinez (bass guitar) 2019
• Andrew Orozco (drums) 2019
• Michael Madill (various instruments, producer) 2016-present
• Edward Donnelly (various Instruments, producer) 2016-present
• Cody Melville (various instruments, producer, songwriter) 2017-present
• John Reneaud a.k.a. the Dresden Cowboy (vocals, producer, songwriter) 2015-present
• Julien Reneaud (various instruments, producer) 2017-present
• Jason Peirce (songwriter) 2016-present
• David Grossman (songwriter) 2019
About The Music
The catalogue of the Dresden Cowboy started off with Michael Madill and John Reneaud collaborating on Route 66. John sent a rough arrangement, with a scratch vocal track to Michael, who enlisted the assistance of his long time producing partner Edward Donnelly, and in no time they sent over a mix of the song. Happy with the mix, which included the rough vocal track, John and his young son, Julien, set off for a drive on what remains of that classic American Highway in the great American desert - from Oatman to L.A.,. After a bit of time John and Julien had the video cut and posted.
The original idea as presented to Madill was to work original and classic songs by creating unique and fresh arrangements and "Just kind'a doing them the way we want to." Also, John had the plan to create enough material to play out in a band.
After Route 66 John approached Cody Melville - a rather prolific songwriter from his hometown of Troy, Michigan - to produce for him as well. And so the Dresden Cowboy performed on several Cody Melville songs bringing them a different vibe, with Mr. Melville re-arranging and producing.
John also included one of his longtime acting buddies, Jason Peirce, into the fray by gaining permission to record some of Jason's original songs and adding them into the Dresden Cowboy catalogue of music.
Keeping it in the family - John's son Julien helps engineer and produce some of the songs as well.
The list of people who involve their talent with this catalogue continues to grow...
The original concept was simply John Reneaud and Friends, and, whatever they could create with an honest effort. The current video catalogue can be enjoyed at the Dresden Cowboy's Music Videos, and we are currently pulling all other information, along with soon-to-be merchandise to this page, so please bare with us, and, of course check back. We expect our musical Dresden Cowboy family to grow.
Thank you all for your support!